On our 10th anniversary webinar in July 2020 we have broaden the focus in skills-building around data science and data analysis.
Our community member Olena Bugaiova, who is a Data Science student at MITx, introduced the audience to the basics of data science and explained what activities are ideal to be done in the job-sharing model. Olena talked about:
1. What is Data Science
2. Domain Areas for Data Science / Data Analysis
3. Data Science Project Life Cycle
- Identifying the problem
- Collecting data
- Preparing the data for analysis
- Building a Machine Learning model
- Presenting the model
- Deploying the model for a general case
4. Thoughts on how the process can be split for job-sharing. -> You can see the orange highlighted phases on the below diagram.
We rounded the webinar with a Q & A.