On Friday June 26, Sandra Frandon, former HP employee, was sharing her experiences with job-sharing during her tenure at HP.
The audience learned and heard about the importance of:
- Taking the risk + ASKING + going for it.
- Being proactive.
- Creativity + complementary skills.
- How Sandra and her job-sharing partner later got a promotion exactly because of their shared set of skills.
- The structure is king.
- Building a very strong transition phase while doing job-sharing.
- Importance of using the collaboration/sharing tools in the cloud
- Document everything. Don’t be afraid of over-documentation!
- Shared e-mail – even if you do lose your identity. 🙂
- Split 1:1 meeting with your boss on the same afternoon.